Piedmont Veterans Assistance Council officially became a non-profit organization in July 2016. Efforts are contributed on a volunteer-only basis. Our mission is to provide assistance and support to veterans and their families living in the Piedmont Region of North Carolina by:
- Offering free transportation to medical and dental appointments.
- Providing free take home food and groceries at several locations.
- Supporting homeless and struggling veterans through community programs and access to necessities.
"More About Us" link gives more details about our mission.
Our Board Members
- Vivian Meletis - President
- Leon Ijames - Vice President
- Julie Zacholl - Secretary/Treasurer
- David Pressly
- John Gallina
- Mike Francis
- Spencer Harrison
What Is Honor?
A veteran--whether active duty, or retired, National Guard, or Reserve--is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to the United States of America for an amount "up to and including my life."
PVAC's efforts are made possible by the grace of God and our local partners:
- Military Order of the Purple Heart
- Iredell Statesville Community Enrichment Corporation
- Diakonos/Fifth Street Ministries
- Second Harvest Food Bank Winston-Salem
- Union Grove United Methodist Church
- Christ Boulevard United Methodist Church
- Many Community Donors and Volunteers